Properties of Low Viscosity HPMC
- Improved Solubility: It has better solubility in water compared to regular HPMC. This makes it easier to incorporate into formulations that require faster dissolution times, such as the production of tablets and capsules.
- Lower Viscosity: As the name implies, it has a lower viscosity compared to others. This property provides the polymer with better processability and handling capabilities, making it more suitable for a variety of applications.
- Improved Stability: It exhibits better stability under acidic and alkaline conditions, making it suitable for use in a variety of formulations.
Applications of Low Viscosity HPMC
- Construction Industry: Kemox low viscosity cellulose is mainly used in the construction industry where it is used as a binder, thickener and water retainer for cement-based products such as tile adhesives, grouts and mortars.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: It is widely used in the pharmaceutical industry for the production of tablets and capsules. Its improved solubility and lower viscosity make it easier to incorporate into formulations, improving the quality and processing characteristics of the final product.
- Food Industry: It is also used in the food industry as an emulsifier, thickener and stabilizer. It can be used in a variety of food products, such as dairy products, baked goods, and confectionery.
Benefits of Low Viscosity HPMC
- Improved Processability: Its low viscosity makes it easier to handle and process compared to regular HPMC. This improves the processing characteristics of the final product, reducing the likelihood of defects and improving the quality of the final product.
- Better Solubility: It has better solubility in water compared to regular HPMC, which makes it more suitable for formulations that require rapid dissolution.
- Improved Stability: It exhibits better stability under acidic and alkaline conditions, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
Low viscosity HPMC is a unique polymer that has gained popularity due to its improved solubility, lower viscosity, and better processing characteristics. It finds applications in the construction industries, pharmaceutical, and food, offering various benefits such as improved processability, better solubility, and improved stability. As the demand for these benefits increases, the use of low viscosity HPMC is expected to grow in the coming years.